Recipes, retaurants, wines, cocktails, and travel

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Steve's Burgers

I know, I am supposed be on a diet. But after reading about Steve's Burgers on "Tommy Eats" blog, and hearing the review from my friend "Big Dave" I had to stop there today. I won't eat dinner tonight to make up for it.  The place itself is a slice of Americana. Pressed on Route 46 west in Garfield, it is very easy to drive by.  It's family owned and operated by father and son, and they have one of the best burgers I have had in the state of New Jersey. I love a good burger and have probably eaten thousands of them in my lifetime.
Today I had the bacon cheeseburger, which had two thick full length slices of crisp bacon on top of the fresh ground juicy patty. You really don't even want to put ketchup on it.
Steve's Burgers, Garfield NJ
The double bacon cheeseburger
They also make fresh cut french fries that I ordered well done and they were perfect. Similar to 5 Guys, but better. The hot dogs, cheese steaks, and onion rings all looked really good as well. There are 3 small tables inside and a few picnic tables outside. I can't believe this place isn't packed with burger lovers.  I will be back very soon to mess the diet up once again.
Steve's Burger's. 506 Route 46 West, Garfield, NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment